Booking Conditions Le Moulin du Pont
1. The Property known as Le Berry, Le Boischaut or La Brenne is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Mike and Annie Young ( the Owners) to the renter ( the Client)
2. To reserve “the Property”, the Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (£50 per week booked). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the Owner will send confirmation by letter or email. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rent is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owner is able to re-let the property. In this event, clause 6 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period (e.g. wood or extra electricity) should be settled with the Owner or the Owner’s representative before departure.
5. A security deposit of 100 euros payable at the start of the rental period is required in case of damage to the property and its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the client’s liability to the Owner. The Owner will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the balance due at the end of the rental period in case of no damage or within two weeks after the end of the rental period.
6. Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owner is able to re-let the Property and any expenses or losses incurred in doing so will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc. since these are not covered by the Owner’s insurance.
7. The rental period shall commence at 4pm on the first day and finish at 10.am on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
8. The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed 2 in La Brenne, 4 in Le Berry and 5 in Le Boischaut unless the owner has given written permission.
9. The Client agrees to be a considerable tenant and to take good care of the property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. Although a final clean is included in our prices, the Owner reserves the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties.
10. The Client shall report to the Owner without delay any defects in “the Property” or breakdown in equipment or appliances in the “Property” or garden and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
11. The Owner shall not be liable to the Client: a) For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the “Property”, nor in respect of any equipment or appliance in the “Property” or garden. b) for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, strikes, war or matters beyond the control of the Owner. C) for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the “Property” shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owner shall, within seven days of notification to the client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
12. Under no circumstances shall the owner’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
13. The Owners offer bikes and boats for the enjoyment of the clients on the understanding that the client is using these at their own risk and is responsible for said bikes or boats in the event of damage or theft.
14. This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.